Updated: Nov 23, 2021
Looking for the perfect holiday snack that is both healthy and tasty? You just found it ;)
¾ Cup Pitted Dates
½ Cup Almond Butter
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon dark chocolate chips
¼ Teaspoon peppermint extract
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 peppermint candy cane
2-3 tablespoons water
1) Place the dates, almond butter, protein powder, peppermint extract and maple syrup in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined. Add in water one tablespoon at a time until the batter is sticking together and suitable for rolling.
2) Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
3) Crush the candy cane with a rolling pin or food processor and place into a small bowl.
4) Roll the mixture into balls using about a tablespoon of mixture for each one.
5) Roll each ball into the candy cane to coat.
6) Store in refridgerator in an airtight container.